Inventory visibility is one of the critical aspects of any manufacturing business.
It helps organizations understand how much inventory is available, at what location, and at any given point of time. To ensure inventory visibility, you should have access to view, manage, and update your inventory status from trusted software.
What Improved Inventory Visibility Does
Whether it is about inventory in transit, in a warehouse or in distribution centers, visibility is a must. Why? Let’s check that out here.
1. More accurate forecasting
When stock is optimized in the right manner, routine inventory audits are done on time, inbound, outbound, warehousing and in-transit movements are tracked meticulously. Forecasting will then be sharper and distribution will be planned better.
2. Smarter resource allocation
Inventory ties up money. Being a current asset in the business, it reflects an amount of money in a physical form. It is always suggested to keep your inventory at the lowest possible levels.
Inventory visibility ensures that your capital is not sitting on warehouse shelves instead of being used in your operations.
3. Increased efficiency and better use of time
Manual inventory tracking takes multiple resources and plenty of time. To ensure increased efficiency and better use of time, it is better to invest in reliable software that automates tracking and adjusts inventory levels as transactions occur.
This will help businesses save time and perform at an optimal level. Inventory visibility then reflects the current stock ledger and ensures the elimination of wasted man-hours.
4. Reduced stock levels
A higher likelihood of stock-out and overstock can lead to many dissatisfied customers or tied up capital. Putting all your cash flow into inventory is not a sensible decision in most cases.
The major objective of inventory visibility is to keep the stock level optimum to meet the demands of customers while being cost-effective at the same time. Inventory visibility ensures warehouse maintenance and cleanliness so that you know the minimum requirements of each item in stock and can manage it well.
5. Greater supply chain transparency and increased demand fulfillment
Companies should understand that inventory visibility is one of the most critical management tools of manufacturing as it boosts profitability. In some organizations, inventory is located in distribution centers, warehouses, store shelves, backrooms, etc., so it is better to have clarity about what quantity is available at each location. From procurement to shipment, every process of supply chain planning becomes streamlined by improving inventory visibility.
Inventory visibility reconciles current inventory levels to fulfill expected demand. In this way, organizations can improve customer satisfaction.
Inventory visibility is also about swift monitoring of orders by constantly managing the supply chain to meet promised deadlines.
How ERP Improves Inventory Visibility
Enterprise Resource Planning software makes purchases, sales, accounting, production, supply chain planning, inventory and all other business operations easy and hassle-free.
Let’s understand how an ERP solution helps you improve inventory visibility.
5 Ways ERP Improves Inventory Visibility in Your Supply Chain:
1. Resolves unpredictable scenarios
- ERP promotes automated processes and integrated production functionality. It synchronizes production, sales, financial management, and warehouse management and automatically tracks the movement of every inventory item.
- Reporting functions yield accurate insights and data is updated in real-time. As per SAP Performance Benchmarking, manufacturing organizations that use SAP Business One experience an 8% increase in plan adherence.
- ERP integrates material availability data with delivery dates and real-time manufacturing conditions. This can significantly enhance customer satisfaction and cost-efficiency.
2. Enhanced just-in-time inventory strategies
- ERP eliminates the need for manual scheduling. ERP promotes a just-in-time inventory strategy. Materials are ordered and received to meet production requirements. It saves overhead inventory expenses and manages time.
- Enterprise Resource Planning software enables real time inventory visibility, tracking and data management. A JIT strategy increases efficiency and cuts cost by receiving goods only when required.
3. Better inventory levels and improved customer relationships
- Get insight into point-of-sale online transactions, shipping data, procurement and production data, all on a single screen. This enables data-led decision-making which nurtures relationships with customers and vendors.
- With real-time dashboards, businesses can view the inventory status at different plant locations, warehouses, stores etc.
- ERP provides you the functionality to monitor trends to ensure you meet customer demand on time. This develops a loyal client base which increases rapport and profitability.
4. Drive omni-channel growth
- Manage inventory across multiple locations and channels
- Receive sales orders from multiple sources and automate the process
- Promotes cross-channel inventory movements
5. Provide actionable insight
- User-configurable reports and dashboards help businesses analyze global finances and rolled-up data
- Material requirement planning functionality ensures optimum stock levels
- With data at your finger-tips, you can make better business decisions
SAP Business One, one of the renowned ERP software systems for small and mid-sized businesses, effectively balances inventory management and sales orders for better business growth. SAP Business One is the platform upon which OptiProERP is built.
SAP Business One’s capabilities that help improve inventory visibility in your supply chain are:
- Automated sales order entry – Ensures that sales orders are linked to real-time inventory data
- Enhanced inventory tracking – SAP B1 lets you track when inventory is procured, moved or sent out of the warehouse
- Courier/freight automation – Integrates your technology with courier companies or freight specialists
- Better integration – Every department is integrated smoothly. Inventory, Finance, Sales, Procurement, Accounts – every department is interdependent. This gives you better insights.
- MRP automation – Order recommendations are designed for timely delivery. It gives you detailed information about the requirement for products.
- Predictive forecasting – it lets you manage and predict stock levels to meet customer demand.
To learn more, please feel free to contact us here.